Friday, September 26, 2008

Create con folder in Windows

Hi All
Few years back one of my friend asked me to create a folder with name "con" in windows xp. I tried a lot but i was not able to do so. Last week I found a site which give me the reason behind it as well as the solution to do so. So I would like to discuss that here. Reason behind this is that con is the name of any internal device in it, so we cant create a folder with that name.
To sort out this problem just follow the given steps.
1. open command prompt.
2. Now suppose you want to create the folder in D drive. Then just write
"md \\.d:\con" on the command prompt.
3. you find the folder with this name in your d drive. But now if you want to remove it again then you cant do it by just right click on it and delete.
you have to go to command prompt and write the following command "rd \\.\d:\con". and you have just done it.
enjoy and keep reading and if you have any query. put comments or mail me at rahul.lnmiit@gmail.com.

No comments: